Concrete Removal & Replacement of a Commercial Driveway and Parking Lot in Indiana
Wednesday, September 11, 2019
Redimere Surface Solutions recently completed another project for a long-time customer involving concrete removal and replacement. Our client had been wanting to renew their driveway entrance and small parking lot for some time. The elements had taken their toll on the concrete and large pot holes had developed.
Parking lots and driveways for commercial & industrial facilities incur heavy traffic year after year, not only from cars, but semi-trucks, forklifts, and other heavy equipment. Combine that traffic with the harsh seasons in the Midwest, and the concrete will eventually fail. If you’re not familiar, winters in midwestern states can be spectacularly harsh. The constant freezing & thawing causes concrete surfaces to expand & contract which leads to cracking, spalling, and failing concrete.
That’s where Redimere Surface Solutions can help.
In this particular case, we got to work by providing all tools, labor, materials, and supervision of the project. The scope of work included:
- Sawcut, demo, dispose, prep and pour approximately 7,187 sift of concrete pavement.
- All spoils were removed from site and properly disposed of at an approved disposal area.
- Sub-base was adjusted to up to 2" of MODOT Type V Crushed Limestone or equal equivalent.
- Drilled and installed dowels at all existing areas where new concreted joined existing concrete
- Applied curing agent, cut control joints, filled all joints.
- The surface was finished with a broom texture.
- Work was performed during daylight hours.
- Concrete was poured 6" thick, with a 4000 psi strength within 28 days.
We returned after 28 days to fill control joints with MasterSeal SL1.
As you can see in the pictures, the project came out great and the customer has a brand new lot & driveway that their employees & visitors will use for years to come without damaging their vehicles.