Power Trowel: Recommended Floor Polishing Option for Open Floors
Monday, January 27, 2020
If your warehouse, worksite, or office has open floors, you face some unique challenges and opportunities when it comes to maintaining commercial flooring.
If you’ve spotted problems with the concrete in your open floor plan facility, power troweling is a great solution to protect the surface on which you make product and do business.
Common Flooring Problems for Open Floors
We’ve seen many challenges arise for facility managers and owners with large open floor plans:
- If flooring is damaged, it becomes difficult to repair without stopping a large amount of work and movement within the space.
- The sheer number of people, equipment, and processes starting, stopping, and moving throughout your floor plan could be wearing down or damaging your concrete floor.
- Dust rises to the surface of the concrete floor and causes an issue with cleanliness throughout the facility.
Luckily, concrete polishing can help you tackle these problems head-on.
Solving Problems with Concrete Polishing
Polished concrete is a great solution for a wide range of open floor plan facilities. The very nature of the process, which involves grinding down the top layer of the concrete and sealing it, prevents a range of issues.
- Polished concrete can last a decade on average, depending on the conditions of your facility, and the general level of wear and tear on your floor.
- Polished concrete is highly durable and can withstand heavy equipment.
- It is resistant to moisture and debris, which rests on the polished surface (as opposed to seeping into an untreated floor).
- It is easy to clean concrete flooring after its been polished, especially if you trust your facility maintenance team to scrub it regularly and with the right tools, processes, and cleaners for polished concrete.
Add to all this the impressive shine of a newly polished concrete floor and a reduced risk of slipping, and you can see there are many advantages to investing in the longevity of your floor with concrete polishing.
Power Trowel for Maximum Efficiency
There’s no need to spend an inordinate amount of time with rented equipment trying to figure out the best settings and methods for polishing concrete flooring.
Redimere Surface Solutions can tackle even the largest power trowel projects. We can efficiently and effectively polish up to 10,000 square feet of concrete flooring in a single shift.
Our diamond grinding pads fully grind down surface-level imperfections in concrete flooring and polish the newly exposed surface to seal it from debris, contamination, and moisture intrusion.
We can work with your facility management team to plan your power trowel project around your schedule so you don’t have to interrupt production or stop work to get much-needed flooring projects done.
We are also experienced cleaning a variety of industrial flooring, including polished concrete, so your flooring will last even longer with our expert cleaning and maintenance support. We can add additional coatings to your concrete floor to make it extra slip resistant and fit other unique needs your industry or production process demands.
Beautify your industrial facility, warehouse, or open floor plan office with expert power troweling from Redimere. Call us for your power trowel estimate today.