Sponge Blasting Project in Iowa
Wednesday, June 26, 2019
By now you probably know Redimere Surface Solutions can tackle projects ranging from power trowel concrete polishing to floor coatings and from commercial/industrial painting to industrial cleaning. But did you know we also are abrasive blasting specialists? Our blasting capabilities include:
- Vapor assisted sand blasting
- Traditional sand blasting
- Dry ice blasting
- Sponge blasting
This paticular project required some thinking outside of the box due to the nature of the material we were to remove from a treater bin – it is considered hazardous waste. Power washing or vapor assisted blasting wouldn’t work because the water would contaminate the area and pose a hazard. Dry blasting would be difficult to contain and clean up – again posing a hazard.
We decided to go with sponge blasting to remove the failing coating for a few reasons:
- Sponge blasting media is recyclable and can be used over & over resulting in less waste.
- Cost savings for our client – less waste means less cleanup, saving man hours.
- The visibility is much greater when using sponge as the blast media vs. traditional blasting which creates a tremendous amount of dust.
The treater bin’s surface prep met our client’s specs as well as our coating manufacturer’s meaning all work is under warranty. This gave our client great peace of mind and confidence in Redimere Surface Solutions.
Do you have a tricky painting project coming up & aren’t sure which method will work best? Contact the professionals at Redimere today and we will figure it out for you.